hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Zhoushuaifeng <zhoushuaif...@huawei.com>
Subject Re: compile hbase in linux and windows problem
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:30:25 GMT
Hi,

See my answer inline below start with //zhou:

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] 代表 Stack
发送时间: 2011年3月22日 13:07
收件人: dev@hbase.apache.org
主题: Re: compile hbase in linux and windows problem

2011/3/21 Zhoushuaifeng <zhoushuaifeng@huawei.com>:
> My linux is behand a proxy and have some problem to access internet, linux and windows
env is below:

Can you get one of your network admins to help you w/ the hbase
connection going via proxy?  Its hard for us from here to give you
help about your network.

//zhou:
Our network problem on linux is because of some policy of our company, That's why I'm trying
to compile hbase in linux without connection to internet.

>>      2. I copy the windows's repository folder to  Linux,because My Linux  entironment
can not access entironment.

Are you sure that'll work?  Do they have the same layout?  I suppose
they do but I'm not sure.
//zhou:
■ my linux still can not access internet and  I copy the windows's repository folder to
 Linux, it work and do not  download the

  dependencies files that be downloaded in windows.

  in Linux, by the command line [mvn clean -DskipTests install assembly:single], I get the
hbase-0.90.1.tar.gz file in \target folder.

  Now I wonder is there anything wrong to execute Maven command line in linux with repository
from windowns?

  I mean that the Maven's dependencies files are not the same between linux and windows, even
the pom.xml is same?

>>      [mvn compile] by Maven ,compile is successful. but the target folder is not
same with the hbase-0.90.1.tar.gz.

>>      there is no jar file. what's wrong?

What mvn commands did you run?

Did you do:

mvn clean install assembly:single

or to skip tests

mvn clean -DskipTests install assembly:single
//zhou:
I use 【mvn clean -DskipTests install assembly:single】 and get the  hbase-0.90.1.tar.gz
in  \target folder.

St.Ack