hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hbase packaging
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:30:05 GMT
Hi Stack,

Thanks for the pointer.  This is very useful.  What do you think about
making jar file creation to prepare-package phase, and having
assembly:single be part of package phase?  This would make room for running
both rpm plugin and jdeb plugin in the packaging phase.  Enclosed patch can
express my meaning better.  User can run:

mvn ­DskipTests package

The result would be jars, tarball, rpm, debian packages in target directory.

Another approach is to use ­P rpm,deb to control package type generation.

The current assumption is to leave hbase bundled zookeeper outside of the
rpm/deb package to improve project integrations.  There will be a submodule
called hbase-conf-pseudo package, which deploys a single node hbase cluster
on top of Hadoop+Zookeeper rpms. Would this work for you?

Regards,
Eric