hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HBase 0.90.1 rc0 is available for download
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:14:12 GMT
+1

I downloaded tarball.  Ran it locally.  Checked the doc.  Looks fine.

I then put it up on our little cluster with default settings and
loaded 100M rows.  I ran my test on the version of branch-0.20-append
that ships with 0.90.1RC0 (I noticed that the tip of
branch--0.20-append has moved on; its RPC version is now 43 where we
ship with version 42; I don't think this an RC sinker).  I did a
read/write workload.  I used ted dunnings' YCSB fork which can pull
hbase from maven: https://github.com/tdunning/YCSB  (I'd loaded the
0.90.1RC0 up into apache snapshot repo under
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/hbase/hbase/0.90.1-SNAPSHOT/
-- its 0.90.1-20110210.191910-3).

I ran rowcounter MR job to verify MR works.

St.Ack