hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbase packaging
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:41:22 GMT
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Eric Yang <eyang@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the release package process for HBase.  In the
> current maven pom.xml, I don't see tarball generation as part of the
> packaging phase.

The assembly plugin does it for us.  Run:

$ mvn assembly:assembly

or

$ mvn -DskipTests assembly:assembly

... to skip the running of the test suite (1 hour).

See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/MavenPrimer.

> What about having a inline process which creates both release tarball, rpm,
> and debian packages?  This is to collect feedback for HADOOP-6255 to ensure
> HBase integrates well with rest of the stack.  Thanks

This sounds great Eric.  Let us know how we can help.  It looks like
there is an rpm plugin for maven but I've not played with it in the
past.  If you have input on this, and you'd like me to mess with it,
I'd be happy to help out.

Good stuff,
St.Ack