hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: about getting regions on the dead server
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:35:53 GMT
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Vince Wei <Vincew@hz.webex.com> wrote:
> AssignmentManager maintain regions to servers relation(regions field) and servers to
regions(servers field) relation in memory.
> But ServerShutdownHandler scan META to get regions on the dead server.
> Why not retrieve it from AssignmentManager directly?

One of the lads has suggested that in offline discussion also.

I think what happened was that the 0.20.x shutdown handler was just
'translated' to work in the 0.90.0 context; we used scan the meta
table in 0.20.x.

Thanks for pointing this out.  If you want to put up a patch to change
it, that'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
St.Ack