hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can region be merged with others automatically when all data in the region has expired and removed ?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 06:40:54 GMT
I'm curious, if you are expiring a lot of data, does your table grow?
If not, could you fit it in to a mysql instance instead?

As for pre-splitting tables, if you have a really large data set, how
would you manage this? One of our tables has 700 regions, and we didnt
pre-split. I didnt really know the distribution of keys before I
started inserting data, and I'd rather just let HBase do the right
thing.

-ryan