hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vivek Krishna <vivekris...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase Hive Intergration (for the latest versions)
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:27:42 GMT
(In short, I am trying to make hbase_handler to work with hive-0.6 and
hbase-0.90.1.)

I am trying to integrate Hbase and Hive.  There is a pretty good
documentation at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HBaseIntegration .

But looks like they have become old.  The hbase_handler was written for
hbase-0.20* , with the latest version of hbase-0.9* the integration does not
work.

I tried the handler to work with hbase_0.20, but this version of hbase does
not work.  It gives
"java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file"
error.

I tried following the procedure of copying the newer hbase jar to the hive
and recompiling it.  There were couple of errors with the deprecated
classes.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.RowResult
and org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.BatchUpdate.

The description at these deprecated classes were "* @deprecated As of hbase
0.20.0, replaced by new Get/Put/Delete/Result-based API."

If any one could let me know how to use these methods, it would be really
helpful!

Viv