hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing diagrams on the wiki page "HRegionServer locking design"
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 00:58:29 GMT

Thanks Stack.

> A bunch of our wiki has gone stale.  I've been moving pages to an
> obsolete section and marking pages themselves obosolete with pointers
> to the new definitive location for the info.

This is fine to me.

I was wondering how HBase guarantees row-level atomicity for read (Get / Scan) and I thought
the diagram could help me to figure out. (I remember I saw the diagram a year ago.)  Then,
now I read the source codes and found the answer. MemStoreScanner provides the row-level atomicity
for read by not using read-lock but the read point timestamp.

https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/MemStore.java#L677

Thanks,
Tatsuya