hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mingjie Lai <mjla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what's the roadmap of secondary index of hbase?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:33:52 GMT

Just had a discussion regarding new secondary indexing design with Jon
Gray this Tuesday at HUG-12. He said he would write up a wiki to
describe his thoughts regarding design. In the meaning while, we will
have some resources to work on it starting from next week. So there will
be something happening soon.

Thanks J-D. Yes, HBase-3340 will be the right jira to keep track of. The
new secondary indexing will be based on coprocessors. Further discussion
will be at HBase-3340. Comments are welcome.

On 02/25/2011 10:36 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
> There's this jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3340
> But currently I don't know of anyone actively working on the feature.
> J-D
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Zhou Shuaifeng
> <zhoushuaifeng@huawei.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there any plan or roadmap of secondary index in hbase?
>> Zhou Shuaifeng(Frank)
>> This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
>> HUAWEI, which
>> is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
>> use of the
>> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
>> total or partial
>> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
>> intended
>> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
>> notify the sender by
>> phone or email immediately and delete it!

View raw message