hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Whiting <je...@qualtrics.com>
Subject Re: hbase migration
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:27:48 GMT
The way we've moved data from cluster A to cluster B is:
1. Turn on replication from A -> B
2. Run map reduce export on A and map reduce import on B

The time stamp functionality of hbase makes it so the import to B wont overwrite any of the
newer
replicated data.  Once the import is complete we simply point the clients at cluster B and
we're done.

However I'm not sure if the replication functionality is in 0.20.6.

~Jeff

--
Jeff Whiting
Qualtrics Senior Software Engineer