hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Slatman" <i...@slatman.nl>
Subject hbase table with ~10k columns
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:15:28 GMT
Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct mailinglist to ask a question like mine.
If not please be so kind to redirect me to the correct malinglist.
At this moment we have a small cluster running hadoop and hbase. We are
experimenting with different sized tables and performance options. (Using
hbase 20.06). In our testing environment we have a table containing ~20
million rows with having 2 column families. Each column family has (at most)
10.000 columns. To my knowledge data is stored on a per row per columnfamily
basis. We see performance dropping a lot when the number of columns in a
columnfamily increases. Is there a way to improve performance or am I
missing something here?

I already tried setting the columnfamily IN_MEMORY and decreasing blocksize.
Unfortunately with no result. I hope someone could point me in the right
direction,

Kind regards,

Alex