hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Items to contribute (plan)
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:14:55 GMT

Hi Yifeng,

Sorry for the last email. I hit the Send button on my iPhone by accident.

> Maybe I can translate the book to Chinese, too.

It sounds great!

> May I send you a greeting email from my personal address, and talk about your plan via
email at first?

Sure, let's take this discussion offline.

- Tatsuya

--
Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)
Tokyo, Japan

On Jan 26, 2011, at 2:14 PM, Yifeng Jiang <yifeng.jiang@mail.rakuten.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Tatsuya,
>
> >This one is a commercial book from a Japanese publisher, so I'll do this by myself.
>
> I see. I'll be looking forward to reading your book.
>

> >I created a Jira entry to track this task:
> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3391
>
> Good job. I'm glad to work with you on the translation.
> Maybe I can translate the book to Chinese, too.
>

> > Are you working at Rakuten in Tokyo? Maybe we can meet at next Hadoop Source Code
Reading at Rakuten
> Tower. Do you know this event?
>
> I'm working for Rakuten at the Osaka branch.
> So I don't know if I can go to Tokyo to meet you at next Hadoop Source Code Reading event.
>
> May I send you a greeting email from my personal address, and talk about your plan via
email at first?

> Thanks,
>
> On 01/26/2011 12:34 PM, Tatsuya Kawano wrote:
>> Hi Yifeng,
>>> #4. Writing Japanese books and documents
>>> I am glad if I can work on this one with you.
>> Thanks for your offer. Let me explain a bit more about them.
>> This one is a commercial book from a Japanese publisher, so I'll do this by myself.

>> This one comes with HBase, and I'm looking for some people (like you) to work with.
>>
>> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html
>>
>> I created a Jira entry to track this task:
>>

>> Are you working at Rakuten in Tokyo? Maybe we can meet at next Hadoop Source Code
Reading at Rakuten Tower. Do you know this event?

>> Thanks,
>> Tatsuya
>>
>> --
>> Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)
>> Tokyo, Japan
>>

>> On Jan 25, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Yifeng Jiang<yifeng.jiang@mail.rakuten.co.jp>
 wrote:

>>> #4. Writing Japanese books and documents
>>> I am glad if I can work on this one with you.

to the HBase community. These are my spare time projects and I'll only be able to spend my
time about 7 hours a week, so the progress will be very slow. I want some feedback from you
guys to prioritize them. Also, if someone/team wants to work on them (with me or alone), I'll
be happy to provide more details.

layer of Ceph), so that the following options will become available to HBase users:

disk flush. HDFS doesn't have the earlier option)

TableInputFormat in my tests)

scanner implementation so that:

a row: O(h * c) ->   O(h).  [h = number of HFiles for the row, c = number of columns in
an HFile])
duplicate bytes in keys (row, column family and qualifier) from HFiles.)