hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject modified ycsb
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:46:41 GMT
I was frustrated over the weekend using ycsb because it doesn't check the
data it gets and because of general code hygiene issues.

Rather than just kvetch, I have modified ycsb and pushed it back onto
github.

See https://github.com/tdunning/YCSB

My changes include:

a) switched to maven to simplify/standardize builds
b) added a data verifying workload
c) switched to Lists instead of Vector, weakened types in signatures
(HashMap -> Map, mostly)
d) added unit tests for verifying workload
e) added in-memory DB for testing purposes
f) sucked in the mysql tests
g) uses a single source structure and a single build

The big problem with my changes so far is that cassandra isn't in maven that
I know of.  If somebody has a dependency, I would be happy to include it.

I hate it when people gratuitously restructure projects.  So I just did it,
too.  What can I say.