hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Missing filter documentation for Stargate
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:27:34 GMT
Hi,

Am I wrong or is there a lack of documentation for the FilterModel for
the filters in Stargate? The Wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HbaseRest points to an old 0.20.4
documentation (although saying it is the new place) and the other page
we have is void of details on the filters for scans, i.e.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Stargate

They are implemented in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1696 (also see the linked
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2274) but no description
is public. I used a little helper to get the details like so

import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.BinaryComparator;
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.CompareFilter;
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.Filter;
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.RowFilter;
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.model.ScannerModel;
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes;

public class TestFilter {

    Filter f = new RowFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, new
BinaryComparator(Bytes.toBytes("testrow")));
    try {
      System.out.println(ScannerModel.stringifyFilter(f));
    } catch (Exception e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
}

giving

{"op":"EQUAL","type":"RowFilter","comparator":{"value":"dGVzdHJvdw==","type":"BinaryComparator"}}

Obviously this can be also seen from the FilterModel class but I
assume we need some documentation on that Stargate page?

Should I open a JIRA?

Thanks,
Lars