hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase roadmaps
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:04:27 GMT
Hey Tatsuya:

Yeah, our RoadMaps were way stale.  I did a quick cleanup.

I think we've learned that RoadMapping at anything but the coarsest of
granularities is a fairly useless exercise.  Folks will work on what
they need.  Figuring what that list is up front is a bit tough to
nail.

That said, as I understand it, the plan for 0.92 is for it to come out
soon.  Very soon.  Its salient feature will be the addition of
Coprocessors.  CPs are already in HBase TRUNK so I don't see anything
getting in the way of a 0.92 in the near term.  Otherwise, the current
set of (unedited) 0.92 issues seems like bug fixes, correctness and
performance: http://su.pr/1rYx71

Thanks,
St.Ack

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6502@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations on HBase 0.90.0 release!
>
> There are some open questions about HBase at Quora, and this one is asking for the roadmap.
> http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-development-plans-for-HBase
>
> Our roadmap on the wiki is outdated, and I think one in the JIRA is not allowing us to
get a big picture like master rewrites, shell update, bloom filter, replication, coprocessor
and access control.