hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject write performance degradation
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:41:35 GMT
Using 0.90 RC3 on our 7 node clsuter, the first time (after cluster start)
our map tasks ran quite fast writing to hbase (client side buffer size being
17MB).

If I run the same hadoop job soon after the first finishes, there is
noticeable slow down.

Connections to zookeepr quorum wasn't high - 71 including connections from
region servers.

On region server(s), jps didn't show map task processes although ps could.

jstack reported:

13331: Unable to open socket file: target process not responding or HotSpot
VM not loaded
The -F option can be used when the target process is not responding

Advice for further debugging is welcome.