hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: submitting jobs from a webapp
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:11:20 GMT
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:09 AM,  <eric_bdr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1. In short, how can I submit a job from my webapp and view its progress on the
> jobtracker?

As J-D says, you'll need to make sure your webapp knows where to make
submission -- thats being able to read configs (add a config. screen
to your webapp where user can fill in location or stick the config. in
the dir your container watches for config. changes).

You could have your webapp exec the commands you'd normally run in shell.

> 2. Additionally, I would also like to be able to get this information to display
> it in my own web application (so that users can track the status of their
> running jobs).  How can I query the Hadoop job tracker?

You can scrape the jobtracker UI (yuck) or you can interrogate JMX to
see if this info is exposed there (I don't know).

St.Ack