hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: hbase-0.90
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 20:38:02 GMT
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com> wrote:
> It also assumes the type of this.in.in (at least the duck type).

True.

> This broke when we gave it a non HDFS instream.

You manifest as HDFS or as something else?

> I have added a
> getFileLength method so that works now.  But it sounds like it may break
> under other conditions as well.

Its breaking for Abinash for some reason, yes.

> Is there a reasonable fall back if the method doesn't exist?  Perhaps it
> would be good to just test if the getMethod call returns null or throws.
>  Then the fallback could be used.

The code was added to fix problem w/ DFSClient not being able to deal
with files > 2G.

Let me open an issue to add more checks around the reflection; e.g.
check type as you fellas suggest.  If anything is not as expected,
then we'd fallback on old getPos behavior.  It should not fail for
'pure' HDFS.  'Alternative' HDFS's probably don't have this 2G
problem.

St.Ack