hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: One question about HBase Client
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:37:00 GMT
Currently there can be only one region in the HBase .META. table.
ROOT is there for the day when .META. has many regions of its own;
i.e. big clusters.  Thats the idea from the BigTable at least.

That said, there's a few conversations that have gone on where some
propose doing as you suggest, doing away with -ROOT- altogether, and
if .META. splits, just keep its regions up in zookeeper (Some have
even gone so far as to propose putting .META. content up in
zookeeper).

St.Ack