hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allowing HRegionServer extensions to register interfaces for HBaseRPCMetrics
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 09:01:29 GMT
Hi James,

I posted a patch for review against HBASE-3405:

https://review.cloudera.org/r/1414/

This adds a getRpcMetrics() method to HRegionServer, which would allow other
implementations to register their own metrics using something like:

    getRpcMetrics().createMetrics(new Class[]{ MyClassName });

Those metrics will then show up in the "rpc" context along with the other
RPC methods and stats.

Can you please take a look and let me know if this will work for your usage?

Thanks,
Gary