hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HMaster won't die waiting for RegionServer that is already dead
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 00:52:11 GMT
Write it up James.  Others will probably trip on it too.
Good stuff,
St.Ack

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:44 PM, James Kennedy <james.kennedy@troove.net> wrote:
> Aha that stupid dot!
>
> My /etc/hosts file looks pretty standard:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
>
> ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
>
> However look what I found in the data-seed-specific hbase-site.xml
>
> <property>
>        <name>hbase.master.dns.interface</name>
>        <value>lo</value>
> </property>
> <property>
>       <name>hbase.regionserver.dns.interface</name>
>       <value>lo</value>
> </property>
>
> Not sure why we had that in there originally but taking it out fixes the problem. Both
sides now resolve hregioninfo to "localhost" instead of "localhost.".  I have no idea how
specifying the lo interface adds a period to the localhost name but that sounds like a bug
to me. Shall I report it or is this a known issue?