hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: hbase-0.90
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 06:10:32 GMT
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Abinash Karana (Bizosys)
<abinash@bizosys.com> wrote:
> Here goes the exception details.. I again encountered...

You are running on local filesystem?

> java.io.IOException: Unable to delete src dir:
> file:/tmp/hbase-karan/hbase/.logs/abinash,3620,1295188307109

You have any idea why we can't delete files?

Yeah, looks like file splitting doesn't work on local filesystem.
Complains about missing method.  Maybe there is hole in our reflection
code where we figure out if key functionality is available in
underlying FS.  Want to file and issue and one of us will take a look?
Meantime move to HDFS (pseudo-distributed mode if you are on one
server only)?  You might get further?

Thanks,
St.Ack