hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>
Subject RE: No minor compactions on a table built only on bulk loads
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:38:38 GMT
It's not really a bug.

I think the assumption is that if you are at the level of doing your own bulk loads, you should
also manage when you want to compact and split.  I know in cases where I've done this, I would
usually know at certain points I would want to trigger major compactions.

At some level, bulk loads are about avoiding compactions so I don't think it would make sense
that they automatically be triggered if solely bulk loads.

View raw message