hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase roadmaps
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:58:09 GMT
Hi Stack,

Please go ahead and edit them for me? I only have read access to the release descriptions
on Jira.

Thank you,

p.s.
Also, can you please assign HBASE-3391 to me?

--
Tatsuya Kawano
Tokyo, Japan

On Jan 20, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> I like your suggestion.  Then there is just one list, the one we
> actually are keeping up and implementing.  Want to have a go at it
> Tatsuya?  Otherwise I will.
>
> Good on you,
> St.Ack
>
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6502@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Stack.
>>
>> Actually, I like the granularity of the updated list. Those few-words summary helps
me when I look at the Jira road map, and each Jira ticket helps me to understand what's exactly
going on.

>> Why don't we just have one road map page by now? We could replace the tag lines on
Jira road map with the ones on the wiki page, and then make the wiki page obsolete.

>> - Tatsuya
>>
>> --
>> Tatsuya Kawano
>> Tokyo, Japan
>>

>> On Jan 20, 2011, at 9:04 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Tatsuya:
>>>
>>> Yeah, our RoadMaps were way stale.  I did a quick cleanup.
>>>
>>> I think we've learned that RoadMapping at anything but the coarsest of
>>> granularities is a fairly useless exercise.  Folks will work on what
>>> they need.  Figuring what that list is up front is a bit tough to
>>> nail.
>>>
>>> That said, as I understand it, the plan for 0.92 is for it to come out
>>> soon.  Very soon.  Its salient feature will be the addition of
>>> Coprocessors.  CPs are already in HBase TRUNK so I don't see anything
>>> getting in the way of a 0.92 in the near term.  Otherwise, the current
>>> set of (unedited) 0.92 issues seems like bug fixes, correctness and
>>> performance: http://su.pr/1rYx71
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> St.Ack

us to get a big picture like master rewrites, shell update, bloom filter, replication, coprocessor
and access control.