hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Trend Micro HBase summit Jan 11 - 14
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:51:52 GMT
Hi all,

Next week from the 11th through the 14th we will be hosting Trend Micro employees from Taiwan
and mainland China for a 4 day internal HBase and Hadoop summit.

We will have 4 guys from Taiwan who have been using Hadoop and HBase in some capacity for
about 3 months, and 3 guys from the mainland who have been using HBase in some capacity for
about 9 months. I think they are best described as novices, but are all capable and interested
in direct contribution. The goal of this summit is for us to all get on the same page internally,
but I would like to do more general community building with external HBasers as well.

Gary, Eugene, Mingjie and I were wondering if some of you would be interested in coming by
for a few hours one afternoon for introductions and Q&A?

Best regards,

    - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
  - Piet Hein (via Tom White)