hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: provide a 0.20-append tarball?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:07:18 GMT
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Jonathan Gray <jgray@fb.com> wrote:

> For CDH specific compatibility issues beyond general stuff like does it
> work, I think users should be pointed to Cloudera for support.
>
> For security issues, they probably won't find much help here so would need
> to go to Cloudera or some stuff might be answerable on the HDFS lists since
> security is in Apache 0.22 branch.
>
> We also want to support HDFS 0.22 at some point so being aware of potential
> issues is at least somewhat relevant for the community at large even if not
> using CDH.

Yep, I wholeheartedly agree with Jonathan. If something is obviously
CDH-specific, HBase devs should feel free to punt to the
cdh-user@cloudera.org list. That's what we've got that list for :)

But Jonathan's other point is also quite valid - 90+% of what's in CDH is
going to be in 0.22. So spending a few minutes to look into an issue will
save us time later, too.

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera