hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop version for hbase 0.90
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:49:05 GMT
Hi Ted,

Yes, you will need to replace the hadoop-core jar in hbase/lib/ with the
cdh3b2 version.  The jar in hbase/lib/ always needs to be exactly in sync
with what you are running on the DNs.

I believe there are a few additional HDFS patches applied to the Hadoop
0.20-append branch that HBase is building from, but as you may have seen
recently on the general@hadoop list, there still is no official 0.20-append
release.  You're better off using the much better tested cdh3b2 Hadoop at
this point.

--gh