hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: provide a 0.20-append tarball?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:04:29 GMT
Hi all,

The only thing you need to do to run an 0.90 release is to sub out the
hadoop-core jar with the one from your version of CDH. The issue isn't the
security stuff (which we now shim on the hbase side, thanks to the Trend
guys!) but rather a different protocol version number for the data transfer
protocol.

Of course once a final 0.90 release is out, we'll have a CDH release off
this tree which "just works"

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon