hbase-dev mailing list archives

From James Kennedy <james.kenn...@troove.net>
Subject Allowing HRegionServer extensions to register interfaces for HBaseRPCMetrics
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 01:38:36 GMT
HBaseRpcMetrics is now logging a WARN message every time it encounters an unregistered RPC
method.

In my case I now get huge log files filled with these warnings because the hbase-trx transactional
extension of HBase uses a subclass of HRegionServer that adds new interface methods.

It's easy enough to tell log4j to ignore HBaseRpcMetrics output.

However, it would be nice if the Server/HRegionServer HBaseRpcMetrics mechanism was more extensible
so I could pass down new interfaces or grab the HBaseRpcMetrics from the HBaseRPC object to
add interfaces from up top...

- James Kennedy

James Kennedy
Project Manager