hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject provide a 0.20-append tarball?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:44:49 GMT
The latest CDH3 beta includes security changes that currently HBase 0.90 and trunk don't incorporate.
Of course we can help out with clear HBase issues, but for security exceptions or similar,
what about that? Do we draw a line? Where?

I've looked over the CDH3B3 installation documentation but have not installed it nor do presently
use it.

If we draw a line, then as an ASF community we should have a fallback option somewhere in
ASF-land for the user to try. Vanilla Hadoop is not sufficient for HBase. Therefore, I propose
we make a Hadoop 0.20-append tarball available.

Best regards,

    - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
  - Piet Hein (via Tom White)