hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: retrieving timestamp from Result
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:02:33 GMT
We used the following code to see if the "Cell" (pardon me for using the old
term) returned from scanner was of certain timestamp:
            if (result.getCellValue().getTimestamp() == ts){

In 0.90, I don't see method which returns the timestamp for Result.
I am wondering if the above check can be omitted since we specify the
following for the Scan:
        scan.setTimeStamp(ts);
If not, please advise the correct way of retrieving timestamp from Result.

If I call Result.raw() and get two KeyValue's, which should be the KeyValue
whose timestamp conforms to the semantics of our check shown at the top ?

Thanks