hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Config Properties Review
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:05:09 GMT
Hi,

I went through the config values as per the defaults XML file (still
going through it again now based on what is actually in the code, i.e.
those not in defaults). Here is what I found:

hbase.master.balancer.period - Only used in hbase-default.xml?

hbase.regions.percheckin, hbase.regions.slop - Some tests still have
it but not used anywhere else

zookeeper.pause, zookeeper.retries - Never used? Only in hbase-defaults.xml

And then there are differences between hardcoded and XML based defaults:

hbase.client.pause - XML: 1000, hardcoded: 2000 (HBaseClient) and 30 *
1000 (HBaseAdmin)

hbase.client.retries.number - XML: 10, hardcoded 5 (HBaseAdmin) and 2 (HMaster)

hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles - XML: 7, hardcoded: -1

hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold - XML: 3, hardcoded: 2

hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.lowerLimit - XML: 0.35, hardcoded: 0.25

hbase.regionserver.handler.count - XML: 25, hardcoded: 10

hbase.regionserver.msginterval - XML: 3000, hardcoded: 1000

hbase.rest.port - XML: 8080, hardcoded: 9090

hfile.block.cache.size - XML: 0.2, hardcoded: 0.0

Finally, some keys are already in HConstants, some are in local
classes and others used as literals. There is an issue open to fix
this though. Just saying.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lars