hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010924 rc1?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 17:56:07 GMT
My vote is obviously +1, although we hit a bug this weekend regarding
HBASE-3008 (for which we'll post a patch soon). Over time, the
memstore size of regions with ICVs grows negative, which means that
those regions can't flush and when you close them you basically lose
all the data since the last flush (since on close it won't flush
either). We solved this by disabling ICVs to those tables (basically
setting the async ICV queues in the thrift servers to -1), copied the
data to another cluster, restarted the cluster with the fix,
re-imported the data, then re-enabled the ICVs.

I don't think this is a blocker for a DR, as it only affects users
doing only tons of ICVs on particular tables, but it should be
disclosed somewhere.

J-D