hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBaseAdmin.flush()
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:51:43 GMT
Even if HBaseAdmin.flush is made synchronous, that won't get you far
since it's still processed sequentially on the region servers. A
better well-known option is to set hbase.regionserver.hlog.blocksize
to a small number, and if you want high durability you could set that
to 1KB (basically rolling at every new insert). Since this is
incredibly inefficient, a more wide-spread number (and one we used
while we were on 0.20) is 2MB. Set it higher if you have a high insert
rate, or lower if you don't insert very often.

J-D