hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010924 rc1?
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:03:27 GMT
The 0.89.20100830 DR branch was cancelled, here's the new RC off a new branch.

As discussed, this release candidate contains a revert of HBASE-2694
which means that it is back on the "very" old master. It is also very
similar to what we run here in production.

Sources and binaries can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100924-candidate-1/

Documentation:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100924-candidate-1/hbase-0.89.20100924/docs/

Here's the list of everything I added since moving from 0830:

 HBASE-3008  Memstore.updateColumnValue passes wrong flag to heapSizeChange
 HBASE-3035  Bandaid for HBASE-2990
 HBASE-2643  Figure how to deal with eof splitting logs
 HBASE-2941  port HADOOP-6713 - threading scalability for RPC reads - to HBase
 HBASE-3006  Reading compressed HFile blocks causes way too many DFS RPC calls
             severly impacting performance
 HBASE-2989  [replication] RSM won't cleanup after locking if 0 peers
 HBASE-2992  [replication] MalformedObjectNameException in ReplicationMetrics
 HBASE-3034  Revert the regions assignment part of HBASE-2694 (and
pals) for 0.89
 HBASE-3033  [replication] ReplicationSink.replicateEntries improvements
 HBASE-2997  Performance fixes - profiler driven
 HBASE-2889  Tool to look at HLogs -- parse and tail -f (patch #2 only)

Unfortunately I forgot to add HBASE-2986 like Stack asked (sorry, I
just figured it while reading the old voting thread).

Should we release this as the next "Development Release"? Please cast
your vote by Wednesday, September 29th.

Thanks,

The HBase Team