hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010830 rc2?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:14:42 GMT
Second RC, new vote!

Source binary and source tar balls are available here:

 http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100830-candidate-2/

You can also browse the candidate documentation here:

 http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100830-candidate-2/hbase-0.89.20100830/docs/

Issues resolved since 0.89.20100726, our second 0.89.x release, are
roughly ~23 issues odd including fixed deadlocks, better handling of
IOEs during splits and improvements for filters: see
http://su.pr/2HwiUe. 3 issues were also fixed for RC2:

HBASE-2975 DFSClient names in master and RS should be unique
HBASE-2967 Failed split: IOE 'File is Corrupt' -- sync length not
being written out to SequenceFile
HBASE-2964 Deadlock when RS tries to RPC to itself inside SplitTransaction

Shall we release this candidate as the third in our 0.89.x series of
developer releases?

Please see previous threads on 0.89 releases for more information
about the purpose of this release candidate - in particular, this
'developer release' is for those who can tolerate risk and who are
willing to give feedback in advance of our next major release.  We're
not making any guarantees that this is bug free. Its definitely not
for production deploys.

We'll do another release like this in a few weeks after the new master
code has gone in.

Please vote by Thursday, September 16th.

Thanks,

J-D