hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010830 rc1?
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 04:19:38 GMT
Nice one Todd. Its a little like HBASE-2880.  The issue you found
looks like it has a few guises.  I also think it an issue we've always
had, not a regression.

Things are different since new master commit last week -- there are
multiple executors per operation type, open, close, etc., with root
and meta having their own instantiations -- but you need a handler
before you get an executor.   The case where all handlers could end up
occupied, in this case 'blocked' on a particular region lock, and no
progress can be made because an edit needs to be made back into the
same server before we can progress looks like it can still happen,
even in the new regime.

I agree we should just keep moving forward.  Lets fix in the next 0.89.x.

Good stuff,
St.Ack