hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: old master to 0.90 and new master to 0.92? (was RE: Millions of photos into Hbase)
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:50:34 GMT
Yes, there are way more changes/improvements made beyond the initial scope of working master
failover / zk-based region transitions.  Lots of cleanup, removal of many of the nasty bits
we've always hated, and the groundwork is laid for a lot of future improvements.

I'm not apprehensive.  I think many of the points raised are valid, but my concerns have mostly
been addressed at this point.  I'm going to be spending the next 10 days or so helping stabilize
and test.  We'll see where we get by then.

JG