hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hprof from RS which encountered OOME
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:23:56 GMT
Handler is only carrying what the client gave it.  It holds it just
long enough to pass it into the server (or out).  So, can you see what
the data is?  Is it a big cell?  How many handlers do you have
running?  If 100 handlers and each is carrying a 50MB cell then thats
5G.  Is that whats going on?  There was also an old issue where rpc
would hold the ghost of the largest byte array it had ever carried but
that should be fixed in your  hbase Ted.
St.Ack