hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Himanshu Vashishtha <vashishth...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase: project ideas
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:47:27 GMT
Dear All:
I have been looking around HBase (running/debugging it, etc) for a couple of
weeks now, and it is fascinating. I am in search of a good project for my
grad studies, focussing around HBase, but am not able to finalize it. I am
looking for some project idea that I can use. It can be user or a dev
project, I am open to all :)

One idea (user specific) is to migrate a XQuery like tool that uses
relational db schema (there are bunch of papers suggesting it) to HBase, but
I don't sure whether it is really a judicial use of HBase. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Himanshu