hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.90 release date estimate
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:04:51 GMT
We were hoping for a mid-september release candidate but I'm thinking
thats now looking more like the end of September so a release in
October sounds about right.

Here's my math:

Next week we'll put up another 0.89.x.  A deadlock and a bunch of
other cleanups have been fixed since 0.89.20100726.  This'll be 08/25
or so.

We'll then roll in the fat master rewrite patch and will probably do
another 0.89.x release -- mid-september -- to shake out low-hanging
fruit before we branch to cut a 0.90 release candidate at the end of
september.

The RC will do a few iterations and hopefully will be out mid- to
end-of-October.  Would be sweet if it were done for hadoop world.

The above has probably been well salted with an engineer's optimism.
Adjust per your experience.

What do others think?

St.Ack