hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data loss due to region server failure
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:41:10 GMT
Hadoop and HBase version?

J-D

On Aug 26, 2010 5:36 AM, "Gagandeep Singh" <gagandeep.singh@paxcel.net>
wrote:

Hi Group,

I am checking HBase/HDFS fail over. I am inserting 1M records from my HBase
client application. I am clubbing my Put operation such that 10 records get
added into the List<Put> and then I call the table.put(). I have not
modified the default setting of Put operation which means all data is
written in WAL and in case of server failure my data should not be lost.

But I noticed somewhat strange behavior, while adding records if I kill my
Region Server then my application waits till the time region data is moved
to another region. But I noticed while doing so all my data is lost and my
table is emptied.

Could you help me understand the behavior. Is there some kind of Cache also
involved while writing because of which my data is lost.

Thanks,
Gagan