hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Is bulk read operation is possible
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:01:37 GMT
See the TestFromClientSide unit test.  It has lots of examples using filters.

Yes, you can narrow your Scan by specifying start and stop rows when
you create the Scan object --
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan.html
-- or by specifying filters on the Scan such as the prefix filter:
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html

St.Ack