hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010830 rc1?
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:39:06 GMT
It's time for another DR since the new master code is about to be
merged in and we have a few fixes and improvements that'd beneficiate
from more exposure. I branched from trunk this morning and created a
new tag. (See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions for
more on what these 0.89.x releases are all about)

Source binary and source tar balls are available here:

 http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100830-candidate-1/

You can also browse the candidate documentation here:

 http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100830-candidate-1/hbase-0.89.20100830/docs/

Issues resolved since 0.89.20100726, our second 0.89.x release, are
roughly ~23 issues odd including fixed deadlocks, better handling of
IOEs during splits and improvements for filters: see
http://su.pr/2HwiUe

Shall we release this candidate as the third in our 0.89.x series of
developer releases?

Please see previous threads on 0.89 releases for more information
about the purpose of this release candidate - in particular, this
'developer release' is for those who can tolerate risk and who are
willing to give feedback in advance of our next major release.  We're
not making any guarantees that this is bug free. Its definitely not
for production deploys.

We'll do another release like this in a few weeks after the new master
code has gone in.

Please vote by Monday, September 6th.

Thanks,
J-D