hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: load balancing considerations
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:31:45 GMT
Hi,

#3 is going to be tricky... due to the ebb And flow of the gc this value
isn't as accurate as one would wish. Furthermore we flush nematodes based on
ram pressure.

Any algorithm would have to have the property of being stable and
conservative... rebalancing is not a 0 impact operation.

There are jiras open for the rebalance based on load. To date it hasn't been
a practical problem here at SU in our prod clusters however.