hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: HBase Hackathon IV Wrap-up
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:26:30 GMT
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Jonathan Gray <jgray@facebook.com> wrote:

- Instead of spreading documentation around javadoc, wiki, posts, etc... we
> will do a "Book" per release (owned by todd and also wade?)
>  + No final decision on format, maybe docbook?

If you're looking for an environment to coordinate documentation development
*and* generate static versions (books) out of it, there's little value in
hiding the fact that we have been running an open source project delivering
such a tool (www.daisycms.org - of which Lily isn't necessarily a successor
but still has some conceptual ties) since six years or so.

We're in the process of revamping/unifying our own project web properties as
we speak, and www.restlet.org is using Daisy as well (
http://wiki.restlet.org/) - the Apache Cocoon project is also using Daisy (
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/) but that instance seems to be down at
the moment. http://www.daisycms.org/books/ shows you how Daisy renders a
document collection into PDF.

Daisy being a Java server app, it requires (only slightly) more setup and
continuous care than a Docbook tool chain though.

Important in your consideration would be the requirement of offline

Open Source Content Applications
Makers of Kauri, Daisy CMS and Lily