hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: What are your (remaining) problems with Maven?
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:55:08 GMT
At the last hackathon I heard that rather than a src and bin tgz,
rather, we should produce a combined one that when undone, can itself
build.

Do we still think that a good idea?  Myself, I like how it is
currently where you use bin tgz if you want to just 'use' it but if
you want to dev against a release or snapshot, go get the src tgz;
this latter bundle can be mvn built (includes pom etc.).

St.Ack