hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Running HBase Junit Testcases on local machine
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:47:51 GMT
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Gagandeep Singh
<gagandeep.singh@paxcel.net> wrote:
> Yes I understand that they don't belong to same family. May be I was trying
> to be over smart :)

Its not hard to be smarter than the crew that hangs out here so I'd
say don't even bother trying (smile).

> @Stack - I looked at the code org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster code and
> it seems they have hard-coded localhost inside the code. I think I need to
> substitute that code.

I'd say don't mess with it.  Its from hadoop.   Has other ugly
hardcodings like the dir it writes data too.

Instead, write a new test that presumes an extant cluster.  Just make
sure your cluster is up and running before the test starts and that
the conf that is on the CLASSPATH when the test starts points at your
remote cluster.

Good luck.
St.Ack