hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Q: search-hadoop.com to replace Google-powered search?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 03:15:54 GMT
Hello,

We (Sematext) run http://search-hadoop.com/ where we index and make searchable
things like user/dev mailing lists, source code, JIRA, wiki and web site pages
of various former and current Hadoop sub-projects, including HBase.  Judging
from the increased usage, I'd say people must find this tool useful.

St.Ack was kind enough to add a link on
http://hbase.apache.org/mailing_lists.html (
http://search-hadoop.com/m/SZhvD2MdvE1/sweet+tool ), thanks Michael!

I'm wondering if the HBase community is interested in replacing the
Google-powered search (see top-right on all hbase.a.o pages) with
search-hadoop.com powered search?
And, if so, I'm wondering about the best way to go about it.  I see the HBase
site is generated by Forrest.  Does that mean that we should check the site out
of svn, modify the xdocs(?), create the patch, and put it up in HBase JIRA?  Of
course, I imagine we'd want to limit the search to HBase by default.

Thanks, and if you have any suggestions for how to make the best use of this
search tool for HBase users, please let me know.

Otis
P.S.
I'll be talking about how we built search-hadoop.com at  the upcoming Lucene
conference.
---