hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.89.20100621 development branch status
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 04:05:11 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Quick update on the development branch 0.89.20100621.

(Todd you want to explain the version number or do you want me to?)

> I think the following patches still need to go in:
> - HBASE-2767 (failed tests building with HDFS-1209)

Reviewed.

> - HBASE-2729 (fix bug when flush hits IOE)

Please paste patch into issue so can review (review.hbase.org is down)

> - I'd also like to disable the TestAcidGuarantees test in this branch, since
> that is a known bug.

Grand.

> - I'd like to commit a short KNOWN_BUGS file which describes a few of the
> open issues that we're currently working on. Certainly doesn't have to be
> exhaustive list of all open JIRAs, but just a few things that users may run
> into.

Yeah.  Just call out the biggies and refer use to the short list
(ahem) of other issues we have against next major release.

> Some performance issues were raised during testing at StumbleUpon -- any
> luck figuring those out, Ryan/Stack? It would be good to address them for
> the dev release, since it sounds like the RS barely makes progress when this
> bug is triggered.

Yeah, its a beaut.  Sucks all resources for some period of time until
it gets over first flush then its  good to go for a while at least.
Still trying to figure it.

> Given the above, I'd like to see if we can get the above two jiras reviewed
> and committed later tonight, and I'll try to roll a release candidate before
> I go to sleep. I think the correct way to release in this maven land is to
> simply do an svn export and vote on that, and then separately do an
> assembly:assembly tar as a binary release artifact (since assembly tar
> doesn't include unpacked source, etc).

Why not just vote on the assembly?  Thats what we'd run?   If you do a
site before assembly:assembly, you'll even have docs (mvn install site
assembly;assembly).  The source is there to review if wanted.  Doing
an svn export will have to build ourselves.

St.Ack